Saturday, October 31, 2015

Energy Policy and Wonk Fun



Dave Roberts at Vox pointed me to this fun tool https://www.energypolicy.solutions/scenarios/home.
The tool allows one to consider the results of various and combined policy and goals for CO2 reduction. My first attempt is above, but I could spend more time digging into the details. For my effort, I got rid of all subsidies to all energy sources. Big dips were achieved by getting rid of coal as an electric source and heavy investment and planning for public transportation. A full carbon tax also brought about a dip of some size. Forest and agriculture changes brought about more change than I expected and a few changes hardly move the graph. Anyway a good learning tool and a great way to spend time while doing other stuff.  

No comments: